Here are a few things to look for and things we predict will happen in 2015. Tell us what you think we missed and are completely wrong about. These are in no particular order.
- Expect the SS. Cosmas and Damian Parish school building to be the first piece of property sold from the closed parishes. Actual churches can’t be sold until after a year has passed.
- Look for a farmers market to launch in May.
- Look for several new businesses to open in Conshohocken area including Riverbend Cycles, Jasper’s Backyard, Qdoba, The Lucky Dog Saloon, and a couple others we are hearing about.
- More events in and around Conshy from MoreThanTheCurve.com.
- Expect the Conshohocken One (the hotel, office towers, public square and parking) redevelopment plan to be dramatically scaled down.
- The Connaughton section of Plymouth Township (that has a Conshy address) will see a wave of residential rehabs and knockdowns/new construction.
- No new major construction projects will break ground in the Borough of Conshohocken in 2015.
- The Zoning Hearing Board of Conshohocken will deny the application for the proposed convenience store and gas station on the 1100 block of Fayette.
- The riverfront will become more important in the life of the Borough.
- There will be a big discussion on what should happen with Old Borough Hall at West 8th and Fayette.
- There will be a major announcement about the Plymouth Meeting Mall.