We received three inquiries today regarding the Saint Patrick’s Day Parade’s rain plan. I emailed a day or so ago with the head of the AOH, which runs the parade. If they chose to postpone the parade due to weather, it would be moved to March 23rd. The AOH does not have a set deadline to make that determination (meaning they could make the call Friday or wait to Saturday morning). He promised to let me know as soon as a decision to postpone is made.
The parade was postponed two or three years ago due to rain and Conshy ended up having three St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, the rain out day, actual St. Patrick’s Day and the eventual parade day. Weather.com’s current forecast for Saturday is a 70% chance of rain/snow. This forecast has gotten progressively worse during the past few days.
Stay tuned. We will post as soon as we hear something.