Last night Conshohocken’s Borough Council voted 7-0 in favor of allowing The Lucky Dog, a bar and restaurant in Lafayette Hill, to move its liquor license into the borough. The owners plan to move the business at 16 East First Avenue, which is where Spamps use to operate.
During the testimony from the owner, we learned a few details about their plan:
- The desire to move is based on the opportunity to have a banquet room and proximity to more people
- The owners plan to open at 11:00 a.m. and close at midnight
- They have no plans to operate as a nightclub once dinner service is over
- The restaurant will continue to have one bar downstairs, but will add a second one upstairs if there is a banquet
- The restaurant will have about 150 seats
- The menu will be the same as the one they offered in Lafayette Hill
- The move will result in going from 22 to 35 employees
The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board still needs to give its approval to make it final.
If you are interested in opening a restaurant, the owners plan to lease their the current space in Lafayette Hill.