Is the warm weather giving you the itch to get outside? Wondering what there is to do or opportunities to take advantage of? Here are our Top 5 things to do outside in the Conshohocken area:
- Rent a bike and go for a ride on the Schuylkill River Trail. You can head to Manayunk for lunch or dinner or hit Valley Forge Park for a little sightseeing. Riverbend Cycles right off the trail in Conshohocken rents bikes.
- Check out some birds at Dixon Meadow Preserve & Boardwalk in Lafayette Hill. The site consists of 14 preserved acres and includes a boardwalk that is almost two-thirds of a mile long. It is known as a haven for birders, walkers and those interested in the local habitat.
- You can rent a canoe or kayak from REI at Ridge and Butler, but getting in the water is a bit of a challenge. You can join the Conshohocken Rowing Center and use the dock or just figure it out on your own.
- If you do not like walking or running on the Schuylkill River Trail, a new track was built at A. A. Garthwaite Stadium (East 11th and Harry) last year. The public is basically allowed to use it when it is light out.
- Tee’s Golf Center has a driving range, batting cages and two mini golf courses.
Enjoy the weather!
Photo: Whitemarsh Township