State Rep. Mary Jo Daley, D-Montgomery, will host a House Democratic Policy Committee hearing on transportation and livable communities at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 31, in the Whitemarsh Township Administration Building boardroom, 616 Germantown Pike, Lafayette Hill.
Daley said the hearing will focus on transportation planning that takes into account future development, emphasizing multimodal solutions, smart planning and means to reduce congestion.
Daley said strategic planning is needed to help stay abreast and take advantage of social trends, transportation technology and a new planning paradigm that might ultimately result in less driving, less parking space, more efficient use of current capacity and safer streets.
Scheduled testifiers include:
- Rich Burnfield, chief financial officer, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority;
- Barry Seymour, executive director, Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission;
- Elizabeth Rogan, ACIP, board of commissioners president, Lower Merion Township;
- Alex Doty, executive director, Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia;
- Jody Holton, executive director, Montgomery County Planning Commission; and
- Kyle Guie, project manager, Greater Valley Forge Transportation Management Association.