Just after 3:00 a.m. on November 21st, a fire alarm activated at the office building at 161 Washington Street in Conshohocken. Firefighters from the Conshohocken Fire Department discovered a fire in a hot water heater utility room on the fourth floor. The Plymouth Fire Company No. 1, which was also dispatched to the fire and posted the below information on its Facebook page, along with photos.
At 03:37 hours, your Plymouth Fire Company No. 1 (Montco 43) volunteers were dispatched to the 100 block of Washington Street in neighboring Conshohocken Borough for a reported commercial building fire.
Conshohocken Fire Company No. 2 was originally dispatched to the location for a fire alarm activation. Conshohocken Fire Department’s Conshohocken “5” arrived on location to a 15 story office building with nothing evident and alarms sounding. Conshy 5 located the floor of the activation and proceeds up to floor #4 to investigate. Upon opening a hot water heater utility room, heavy smoke began pushing out into the hallways with fire now showing from the same room. The incident was quickly upgraded bringing in mutual aid from surrounding communities.
Squirt and Utility 43 made the response with a crew of 7. The Squirt arrived minutes after dispatch and proceed to lay 200 feet of 5 inch supply line into the scene and securing their own secondary water supply. Station 43’s crew then stood by in staging before being placed in service with fans for ventilation on multiple floors.
Conshohocken’s Quint and Engine 35 were the first arriving engine companies, securing their own water supply to feed the FDC connection. Their crews deployed their high rise pack to the fire floor and made quick work extinguishing the fire and preventing any extension.
The incident was placed under control quickly after and crews remained on scene for the next hour ventilating smoke as well as overhaul. There were no injuries reported and station 43 was clear and available just before 05:00 hours.
Photos: Plymouth Fire Company No. 1