Ridge Pike, which is owned by Montgomery County between Norristown and Philadelphia, is currently undergoing an improvement project. The next section to be worked on is between Harmon Road in Conshohocken (Plymouth Township) to Crescent Avenue in Lafayette Hill.
The website for the Ridge Pike Improvement Project states the issues with the road are as follows:
- Roadway and drainage in poor condition
- Congestion along the corridor
- Lane drop at Joshua Road
- Lack of sidewalk
The website states that the solutions for these issues are as follows:
- Full reconstruction of the roadway pavement
- Additional turning lanes at intersections
- New traffic signal at Crescent Avenue
- Upgraded sidewalks
- Upgraded storm drainage system and new stormwater management facilities
The preliminary design for this section of Ridge Pike, between Harmon Road to Crescent Avenue, began in late 2017 and will continue through 2019. Final design will continue through 2020 with construction anticipated to begin in the early 2020’s.
The website for the project has a lot of images on the conditions and improvements.
There is a public open house regarding the project on Tuesday, April 30th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Barren Hill Fire Company in Lafayette Hill.