Montgomery County officials announced during a press conference today that there are 92 new cases of Coronavirus in the county. That brings the total countywide to 6,779. Included within the daily number are 23 cases from long-term care facilities and nine inmates from the county’s correctional facility.
The number of deaths announced today totaled 13. The total countywide confirmed death total is now 675. The number of probable deaths is 125. Deaths connected to long-term care facilities represent 566 of the 675 deaths or 84%.
The 14-day total of positive tests is 1,275 with a daily average of 91 based on the county’s data. The goal to reach phase yellow set by the governor is to have a 14-day daily average of 30. The county is currently off that pace by 61. Please note that Governor Wolf announced last week that Montgomery Count will likely move to the yellow phase of reopening on June 5th, so unless the numbers dramatically change, this formula is no longer relevant.
The latest local data is as follows:
- Conshohocken is at 38 cases, which is the same as yesterday
- There have been zero deaths overall in Conshohocken
- Whitemarsh is at 139 cases, which is two more than yesterday
- There have been 19 deaths overall in Whitemarsh
- Plymouth is at 108 cases, which is one more than yesterday
- There have been six deaths overall in Plymouth, which is one more than yesterday
- West Conshohocken is at eight cases, which is the same as yesterday
- There have been zero deaths in West Conshohocken
Hospitals report a rise in the number of people being treated for Coronavirus in the county. Yesterday it was reported that there were 220 patients. Today the number is approximately 250. Twenty-three percent continue to require a ventilator.
In regards to long-term care facilities, 94 facilities report that 1,862 patients have tested positive, along with 686 staff members. Not all residents and staff members reside in Montgomery County.
The county’s testing sites have tested 7,075 people between April 16th to May 23rd. Results are back for 6,887 and 944 have tested positive. Over these days, 13% have tested positive.
You can view the latest data from the county here.
Below is the video from today’s press conference.