CVS Health has introduced its HealthHUB new store design in 13 CVS Pharmacy locations in the Philadelphia region, including the location at the corner of Butler Pike and Plymouth Road in Plymouth Meeting. The new store format offers a broader range of health care services and more products.
“We are delivering real change to the health care system,” said Alan Lotvin, M.D., Chief Transformation Officer for CVS Health. “Through HealthHUBs, consumers are at the center of an unmatched retail health experience. The HealthHUB products and services are designed specifically with the consumer’s health needs, challenges, and goals in mind, so that they can easily receive coordinated, personalized care in a familiar, neighborhood location.”
CVS Health tested the HealthHUB format last year in Houston, Texas. The introduction of 13 HealthHUBs in Philadelphia and South New Jersey is part of the company’s strategy to scale the program nationally with plans to have up to 1,500 locations operating throughout the county. by the end of 2021.
“The care concierge team is the true selling point of the new HealthHUB format,” said Edward Kirshner, whose family frequents the Folsom, PA location for their prescription medications, vaccinations and wellness products. “They go out of their way to help us meet all our health care needs.”
Among the key features incorporated in a HealthHUB include:
- Shop hundreds of products such as health devices that sync to your mobile phone, aromatherapy, fitness essentials, durable medical equipment, sleep apnea products and more.
- Education and counseling for patients with chronic conditions, helping to identify their next best action that enables better health outcomes and reduces medical costs.
- Pharmacist-led diabetes education counseling and smart device coaching for select blood glucose monitors.
- Smoking cessation plans for patients and caregivers to help patients quit smoking.
- Services for minor illnesses and injuries, as well as immunizations, wellness and health checks.
- Screening, treatment and monitoring for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Annual diabetic exam, including retinopathy screening.
- End-to-end sleep apnea solution, including sleep assessment by an independent third party provider.
- Suite of services to help manage common health conditions for young adults.
- Phlebotomy services in conjunction with a MinuteClinic visit.
- Wellness rooms for group events such as health screenings, nutritional and lifestyle coaching, and benefits education.
- Learning table for customers to explore health and wellness apps and shop our expanded assortment of products on CVS.com.
HealthHUB locations will also feature an on-site Care Concierge team responsible for customer engagement, including educating customers about new service offerings, helping them navigate in-store services and events, and connecting them to a team of providers.
“This is an innovative step to connecting more people to the high-quality health care they deserve and the personalized support they need,” said State Senator Tim Kearney. “I applaud CVS Health for investing in our communities and providing affordable solutions rooted in our neighborhoods.”
The HealthHUB locations in Philadelphia and South New Jersey include:
- 6501 Harbison Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19149
- 1034 Second Street Pike, Richboro, PA 18954
- 870 E. Baltimore Pike, Kennett Square, PA 19348
- 3930 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, PA 19073
- 2400 Butler Pike, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
- 3265 County Line Rd, Chalfont, PA 18914
- 1937 MacDade Blvd., Folsom, PA 19033
- 840 Valley Forge Rd., Lansdale, PA 19446
- 835 Old York Rd., Jenkintown, PA 19046
- 3015 E. Lincoln Highway, Thorndale, PA 19372
- 508 High Street, Mounty Holly, NJ 08060
- 3110 Route 38, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
- 824 Black Horse Pike, Runnemede, NJ 08078
Added Lotvin, “Our company has long focused on ways to bring effective tools, resources and solutions to our communities in order to improve health care for individuals and their families. With HealthHUB, we are taking that commitment to the next level.”
You can learn more here.
Photo: CVS Health