What is in-store for Conshohocken, West Conshohocken, Plymouth Meeting and Lafayette Hill for 2018? Below are 10 predictions based on insider knowledge and complete guesses.
- Wawa will not break ground
- One major office building will break ground in 2018 (we predict this every year and it never happens)
- The Light Parker space will remain empty
- The farmers market will find a new home and become an integral part of the community
- A bowling alley will come to the Plymouth Meeting Mall
- The Borough of West Conshohocken will finally decide what to do with the Saint Gertrude Church property it purchased in 2016
- Balligomingo Road will reopen
- SEPTA will announce plans for a new Conshohocken station
- The 300 unit apartment community at 51 Washington Street (just upriver from the bridge) will begin construction
- One party rule and lackluster opposition will lead to some independent candidates from both sides beginning to organize for future local elections
Make your predictions in the comments.