Montgomery County officials announced on Saturday via a press release that 121 additional individuals have tested positive for Coronavirus and 15 additional individuals have died bringing the countywide totals to 6,432 positive cases and 581 confirmed deaths. The county did not provide data on how many of the total deaths were from long-term care facilities and how many probable deaths have been reported.
The 14-day total of positive tests is 1,440 with a daily average of 103 based on the county’s data. The goal to reach phase yellow set by the governor is to have a 14-day daily average of 30. The county is currently off that pace by 73. Please note that Governor Wolf announced after the county press conference on Friday that Montgomery County will likely move to the yellow phase of reopening on June 5th.
Below is the local data:
- Conshohocken is at 35 cases, which is the same as Friday
- There have been zero deaths overall in Conshohocken
- Whitemarsh is at 136 cases, which is one more than Friday
- There have been 18 deaths overall in Whitemarsh
- Plymouth is at 103 cases, which is one more than Friday
- There have been five deaths overall in Plymouth
- West Conshohocken is at eight cases, which is the same as Friday
- There have been zero deaths in West Conshohocken
No other data that we usually report on was provided such as hospitalizations, the county’s testing site results, and numbers testing positive at long-term care facilities.
The county is not going to provide an update on Sunday or Monday due to the holiday. So our next report will be Tuesday, May 26th.