Most municipalities in the area took the step recently to extend or waive late fees as it pertains to local taxes? Below are the latest details for Conshohocken, Whitemarsh Township, West Conshohocken and Plymouth Township.
Borough of Conshohocken
On April 3rd, the Borough of Conshohocken posted the below on its website with due dates.
Business Privilege Tax Return Due Date – April 15, 2020
Mercantile Tax Return Due Date – April 15, 2020
Local Service Tax Due Date – Next Due Date is April 30, 2020
Real Estate Tax Discount Period Extension – May 31, 2020
Federal Income Tax Filing Due Date – July 15, 2020
Earned Income Tax Return Due Date – July 15, 2020
The Board of Supervisors extended the discount period for the payment of real estate taxes to May 31, 2020 from April 30, 2020. The Supervisors also extended the date for face period payment to August 31, 2020 from June 30, 2020.
While the Township Building remains closed to the public, real estate taxes should be paid by mail or placed in the lockbox at the Township Building. A receipt will be sent to the address on the bill for payments left in the lockbox.
The Supervisors also extended the filing date for Business Privilege and Mercantile tax payments until July 15, 2020.
Borough of West Conshohocken
West Conshohocken’s Borough Council voted to move the Borough Real Estate Tax discount period for the Borough Real Estate Tax from the April 30th deadline to a May 31, 2020 deadline.
The discount period for the filing of the 1st Quarter 2020 Local Services Tax Returns and the Final 2019/Estimated 2020 Mercantile Tax Returns are changed as follows:
- The payment deadline for filing Final 2019/Estimated 2020 Mercantile Tax Returns will be extended until July 15, 2020;
- The payment deadline for filing the 1st Quarter 2020 Local Services Tax Returns will be extended from April 30, 2020 until June 30, 2020;
- Any payment made for the 1st Quarter Local Service Tax return and the Final 2019/Estimated 2020 Mercantile licenses/taxes consistent by
- the newly established deadline of June 30, 2020 and July 15, 2020, respectively, will not accrue penalty and interest.
Taxpayers shall be liable for penalty and interest for incorrect returns consistent with past practices of the Borough.
The extended payment deadline will not apply to delinquent taxes or delinquent returns prior to 2019.
The Borough may adjust its filing and payment deadlines should the Internal Revenue Service make further adjustments.
Plymouth Township’s Council voted for the following changes.
- Real Estate Tax
- The due date for paying in the 2% discount period has been extended from April 24, 2020 to May 31, 2020. The due date for paying the full tax amount has been extended from June 26, 2020 to July 31, 2020. Payments received after July 31 will be considered delinquent. The Township is not accepting walk in payments. Payments can be made by mail or left in the payment drop box in the vestibule of the Township Building. Anyone who wants a receipt should include a selfaddressed, stamped envelope with their payment along with both copies of the tax bill.
- Business Privilege and Mercantile Taxes
- The due date for the filing of the Business Privilege and Mercantile tax returns has been extended from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020. The Township is not accepting walk in payments. Tax returns and payments should be mailed or left in the payment drop box in the vestibule of the Township Building.
- Earned Income Tax
- The April 15, 2020 due date for individuals filing annual returns has been extended to July 15, 2020. The due dates for individuals making estimated payments have not changed. The dues dates for employers filing quarterly reports have not changed.
- Local Services Tax
- The due dates for individuals who are self-paying have not changed. The due date for employers filing quarterly returns have not changed.