Heaven & Earth Salon knows there is more to a special prom night than just finding the right dress. Your prom is one of the most special times in your life and Heaven & Earth salon has everything you need for your perfect look! You can trust them, they’ve been helping local students get ready for Prom for 20 years! Their full service salon is a great place to take care of all your special occasion beauty needs in one place!
As you start to think about this year’s prom, Heaven & Earth Salon offers this brief guide to help you plan out your Prom Night Prep.
The Months before your prom date
- Dress Shopping. The Philly area has endless options for dresses. Start shopping now so you have plenty of time to visit several shops. Remember, for personal service, many shops require an appointment. Make sure to leave plenty of time for alterations and a final fitting.
- Schedule hair and makeup appointments. To ensure availability, schedule your salon appointments at least two months in advance. We recommend scheduling a blowout with the stylist you are considering having style your hair. This will give you and your stylist a chance to talk about your vision and what steps can be taken in the months ahead to help achieve the look you want.
- Look for hairstyle ideas. Check out Pinterest and other online sites for hair and makeup inspiration to your stylist and makeup artist. Bring examples of hair and makeup looks, but keep expectations reasonable. Some styles may only be achieved by adding hair extensions. Come with unwashed hair and clean, washed skin.
- If you are planning waxing services, make sure you know how your skin reacts to any areas you plan on waxing.
Just over a week before prom
- Get a facial. Often a facial can actually produce a small breakout as it rids skin of impurities, so schedule your facial a good week before the actual prom date. Give your skin time to recuperate.
- Hair color. Any drastic change to your hair color is NOT recommended just before any special occasion. However, adding just a few highlights around the face can be a low maintenance and less expensive option.
One week before prom
- Brow maintenance. Wait until one week before to wax or tweeze brows, otherwise you will start to get regrowth.
- Gel or Shellac Nails. Gel and Shellac manicures can last up to 2 weeks without chipping.
Two days before prom
- Sunless spray tanning. Spray tanning is a safe, quick way to get a natural looking tan. In order to get just the look you want, do a trial run about two or three weeks before. In order to avoid fading or splotchiness schedule your spray tanning session for 1 – 2 days before the actual prom date so that the finish is freshly applied and even.
The day before prom
- Get a manicure and pedicure. To avoid chipping or fading, schedule your nail appointments a day or two before the event.
The day of prom
- Arrive a few minutes early for your appointments so you and your stylist are not rushed. Try to wear a buttoned or zip up jacket to avoid messing up hair or makeup when changing. Bring your own lip color or purchase during your makeup so you can reapply for pictures.
- Smile and enjoy your evening!
Heaven & Earth Salon is currently offering several Prom Prep Specials for area students attending their school formals. Visit www.heavenearthsalon.com for more details and more tips on Preparing for your Special Occasion Service.
Heaven & Earth Salon is a full-service salon located on Germantown Pike in Lafayette Hill since 1987.