During last night’s meeting of Conshohocken’s Borough Council, a Greek restaurant, Exceptionally Greek, received by unanimous vote its waiver of off-street parking. During the restaurant’s presentation, we learned the following:
- The restaurant is owned by a brother and sister (we were not able to catch their names). The brother previously owned two pizzerias (which also offered some Greek dishes), which he has sold
- There will be 28 seats within the restaurant, but they anticipate being more of a take-out restaurant
- They plan to be open Monday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., and will be closed on Sunday
- They hope to open by the end of October
The sole block of East 1st Avenue has now totally turned from a mix of retail uses to 100% restaurants over the past 15 or so years. They are:
- Nail salon to Jimmy John’s
- Accountant office to Exceptionally Greek
- Dry cleaner to a yogurt place, to Local Table to now Snap Custom Pizza
- Toad’s (a bar) and a news stand to 8 East (bar and restaurant), which is now Southern Cross Kitchen
- A funeral home which today is Viggiano’s and The Lucky Dog.
Welcome to the neighborhood.