Due to the Coronavirus, the Colonial School District is placing limitations/restrictions on its spring schedule of events, field trips, etc., through April 10th. This comes at the advice of Montgomery County health officials who have advised school districts and municipalities that “it is time to seriously consider cancelling or postponing large gatherings of people within the county.”
Below is information on specific events, and other programming impacted as quoted from the district’s website:
- The CMS and PWHS musicals will be modified. The students and directors have dedicated themselves to prepare for these performances, but we need to restrict the larger gatherings. Therefore, each musical will have one performance only. Only parents and siblings of cast members will be able to attend. We will make every effort to schedule additional performances later this school year. Extended family and community members will receive a refund.
- The CMS performance of Frozen will be held on Friday, March 13 at 7:00 PM. This evening, Mr. Fahler will communicate the process for obtaining new tickets and attending.
- The PWHS performance of Amelie will be held on Thursday, March 19 at 7:30 PM. Dr. Bacani will communicate the process for obtaining new tickets and attending.
- The CSD Art Show – including the opening scheduled for March 18 – at PWHS is postponed. We are planning to schedule a digital presentation of our students’ work to share with our community.
- SAT testing for high school students at PWHS this Saturday will be held as scheduled using multiple classrooms.
- Additional large group gatherings scheduled through April 10th are postponed. These include but are not limited to: All concerts, RP STEAM night, CMS 4×4 basketball tournament, CES Harlem Wizards Game, Book Fair nights, PW Freshman Fling, Vaping Presentation and CSD Diversity and Equity Committee meeting. We will attempt to reschedule these events later in the year. Your building principal will send a specific communication regarding events in your child’s school.
- Our building principals will work with our teachers and PTOs to reschedule field trips as necessary. We will avoid trips where large group participation is evident.
- Use of our buildings in the evening will additionally be curtailed so that our cleaning crews can secure areas once they are completed each evening. Specific information regarding evening usage will be communicated directly from our Athletic Office and Adult Evening School Coordinator.
- School sponsored activities such as after school clubs, teams, and activities will continue but will be assessed daily.