State Representative Mary Jo Daley announced that she is partnering with Fox Chase Cancer Center to host breast cancer screenings on January 29th at her district office. The office is located at 815 Fayette Street (Suite 200) in Conshohocken.
“Preventive care is an integral part of effective health care, and I am proud to partner with Fox Chase Cancer Center in this effort,” Daley said. She added that the Fox Chase Cancer Center will provide breast cancer screenings through its Mobile Mammography Van. Mammograms will be offered starting at 9:00 a.m. but are by appointment only, so Daley invites eligible women to call her office at 610-832-1679 to schedule a time.
Requirements for screening are as follows:
- · Must be 40 or older;
- · Must provide the name and address of at least one doctor;
- · Must have a prescription from your doctor;
- · Must not be breast-feeding or have breast fed within the last nine months;
- · Must not have had a breast cancer diagnosis within the past two years;
- · Must not be under treatment for breast cancer;
- · Must not have had a mammogram within the last year: and
- · Must be able to board the van and stand while being examined.
“These screenings are proven to save lives and I urge any woman who qualifies for this important health care service to contact my office immediately, so we can set the process in motion,” Daley said.