During its February 15th meeting, Conshohocken’s Borough Council appointed seven people to its Main Street Ordinance Overlay Task Force, which will study and make a recommendation to the borough council on a possible zoning overlay along all or a portion of Fayette Street that would determine what type of businesses could operate and/or how properties could be redeveloped.
The appointed members are:
- Julian Miraglia, who owns a significant amount of property in the borough
- Dr. Bill Tsoubonas, who has operated a chiropractic practice in the borough and owns property in the borough
- Bill McLaughlin, who is a partner in The HOW Group, which owns Leeland Mansion and operates its real estate, mortgage, and construction business there
- Lisa Rhodes, who is a resident of the borough and was active in the successful opposition against a Wawa being constructed along the 1100 block of Fayette Street
- Brian Magrann, who owns property along the 300 block of Fayette Street where he operates his business
- Tina Sokolowski, a member of the borough council representing the third ward
- Stacy Ellam, a member of the borough council representing the sixth ward
- Borough Manager Stephane Cecco or another designee
- The borough’s zoning officer
The meetings for the task force will be open to the public. A schedule has not yet been released.