Vaccinations for COVID-19 got underway last month and through January 3rd, 7,699 in Montgomery County have received the first of two doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Across the state, 135,044 have received the first dose.
In Philadelphia, 3,744 have received the first dose, while in Allegheny County the first dose has been administered to 15,491. You can see the breakdown for each county here.
Wondering when you will be eligible to receive the vaccine?
During Phase 1A of the county’s vaccination plan (which is underway), the following people will have the opportunity to be vaccinated:
- Coroner’s, Medical Examiner and Funeral Staff
- Healthcare Personnel
- EMS Providers
- Long-Term Care Residents
In Phase 1B, which doesn’t have a set start date yet, the following professions will be eligible for vaccination:
- Childcare Staff
- Corrections Staff
- County and Municipal Administration Staff
- Educators/Education Staff
- Food and Agriculture Staff
- Grocery Store Staff
- Law Enforcement
- Manufacturing Staff
- Persons 75 Years and Older
- Transit Staff
- U.S. Postal Service Staff
In Phase 1C, which doesn’t have a set start date yet, the following professions will be eligible to receive the vaccine.
- Construction Staff
- Energy Industry Staff
- Finance/Banking Staff
- Food Service Staff
- Information Technology and Communications Staff
- Legal Staff
- Media Staff
- Persons 65-74 Years Old
- Persons 16-64 with High Risk Medical Conditions
- Public Health Staff
- Public Safety Staff
- Small Business/Trade/Gig Economy Staff
- Transportation and Logistics Staff
- Utility Staff
- Water and Wastewater Staff
In Phase 2, everyone else 16 years old and up and not already recommended for vaccination in Phases 1A, 1B, or 1C will become eligible. Again, not timing is set.