Montgomery County officials reported on Saturday, May 16th that there are 149 additional individuals who have tested positive for Coronavirus and eight additional deaths. The countywide total for positive cases is now 5,790 cases and there have been a total of 474 deaths. Forty-nine of the 149 new cases are from long-term care facilities.
Over the weekend, the data for probable deaths and the number of cases in long-term care facilities is not released. The county also does not provide any data on Sundays.
Please note the above chart and this data is as of May 16th. The 14-day total of positive tests is 1,411 with a daily average of 101 based on the county’s data. The goal set by the governor is to have a 14-day daily average of 30. The county is currently off that pace by 71.
The local data is as follows:
- Conshohocken is at 32 cases, which is the same as Friday
- There have been zero deaths overall in Conshohocken
- Whitemarsh is at 129 cases, which is the same as Friday
- There have been 13 deaths overall in Whitemarsh
- Plymouth is at 92 cases, which is three more than since Friday
- There have been five deaths overall in Plymouth
- West Conshohocken is at eight cases, which is the same as Friday
- There have been zero deaths in West Conshohocken
As we said above, there is no update provided by the county on Sundays, so we will be back with the next one on Monday afternoon.