During a press conference today, Montgomery County officials announced 105 new cases of Coronavirus in the county. Forty of these cases are from long-term care facilities and one is from the county’s correctional facility. That brings the total number of positive test results since March 7th to 4,839.
Officials also announced 14 additional deaths confirmed due to Coronavirus, which brings the countywide total to 393. Probable deaths, deaths not confirmed by a lab test, total 170. In regards to long-term care facilities, 325 of 393 (or 83%) of confirmed deaths in the county are from these facilities.
On the hospital front, there are 375 hospitalizations in the county due to Coronavirus. Among those patients, 25% require a ventilator. The number of patients had been hovering at approximately 400 for at least the last two weeks.
The local data is as follows:
- Conshohocken is at 30 cases, which is the same as yesterday
- There have been zero deaths overall in Conshohocken
- Whitemarsh is at 119 cases, which is three more than yesterday
- There have been 13 deaths overall in Whitemarsh, which is two more than yesterday
- Plymouth is at 84 cases, which is the same as yesterday
- There have been four deaths overall in Plymouth
- West Conshohocken is at seven cases, which is one more than yesterday
- There have been zero deaths in West Conshohocken
Ninety-three long-term care facilities report at least one positive case and report a total of 1,307 cases among residents and 520 among staff. These numbers do not reflect solely Montgomery County residents.
You can view all the data from the county here.
You can watch today’s press conference below: