Montgomery County officials announced today that there are 101 new cases of Coronavirus in the county. Thirty-three of these cases are from long-term care facilities. There are now 4,939 confirmed cases countywide.
Officials also announced 12 new deaths due to Coronavirus. The total of confirmed death is now 405 countywide. There are now 185 probable deaths (without a lab test). Among the confirmed deaths, 334 of the 405 deaths are from long-term care facilities (82%).
The county’s testing sites have tested 4,141 people between April 16th and May 6th. Tests are back for 3,678 or 91%. There have been 590 positive test results or 16%.
The local data is as follows:
- Conshohocken is at 31 cases, which is one more than yesterday
- There have been zero deaths overall in Conshohocken
- Whitemarsh is at 125 cases, which is six more than yesterday
- There have been 13 deaths overall in Whitemarsh
- Plymouth is at 84 cases, which is the same as yesterday
- There have been four deaths overall in Plymouth
- West Conshohocken is at seven cases, which is the same as yesterday
- There have been zero deaths in West Conshohocken
In regards to long-term care facilities, 93 facilities are reporting at least one case. There are 1,329 residents with a positive test result and 526 staff members. Not all residents and staff members are residents of Montgomery County.
You can view all the data from the county here.
You can watch today’s press conference below: